Update November 2020
We at Johnsons Home & Garden are honored to have your continued support, which is why your health and safety continue to be our highest priority. At this time, we want to cover some of the precautions our team is making to ensure your visit remains a safe one.
Many of our team members have been tasked with routine disinfecting of all common areas throughout the day. You will notice several disinfectant stations in our store so we can continue and maintain the highest level of cleanliness possible.
Additionally, we are constantly monitoring the evolution of the virus and will continue to adjust our measures to ensure the health and safety of everyone who steps foot in our store. The health of our team members, families, and community remains our sole focus.
We appreciate your continued support during these difficult times and graciously thank you for your patience, understanding, and being part of this amazing community we call Maple Valley!
Update April 2020
** As of 4/22 we are temporarily suspending our Home Delivery service **
This is due to the reduction in our staff sheltering in place due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Thank you for your understanding during these difficult times.
Please check our website for future changes. www.JohnsonsHG.com.
Update March 2020
- We have increased the frequency of our surface sanitation procedures – we do it more often throughout the day.
- We are not making popcorn at this time. I know we are known for our popcorn, but we felt it best not to have food out in the open. Coffee is still available.
- Bathrooms are cleaned several times throughout the day for customer and employee safety.
- We are not allowing any employee to work if they don’t feel well and are following CDC guidelines as to when they can return to work.
- Hours of operation are same as before, however as more associates decide to shelter in place, this may change at any moment. Please check our website frequently.
- We are providing curbside pick up for many of our in stock items. Customers can call to place an order.
- Many employees have had to adjust work schedules to keep our service levels as high as possible. Many are working overtime so we can stay open and serve our community.
- To limit the potential of spreading this virus, we are encouraging customers to use credit or debit cards for all their transactions. We have limited number of cash registers that will be accepting cash or checks.
- If customers are sick, or have been exposed to a sick person, has a cough, fever, or any other symptom of not feeling well, we ask that you stay home and not expose our customers or associates.
- Please be sure to get take out from a local restaurant and tip well. Our neighbors are hurting. Local food banks and senior centers that are providing meals can also use your help.
We will get through this together, and when we do, we will be a stronger, more tightly knit community than before. Stay safe.
-Brad Johnson, President of Johnsons Home & Garden
At Johnsons Home & Garden, the health and safety of our customers and team members is our top priority. It’s critical that you behave with the assumption that everyone you come in contact with during the day, could potentially carry the virus without showing any symptoms. As we continue to carefully monitor the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and local authorities, we wanted to share with you the steps we’ve taken to help minimize the impact on our customers, team members and the community where we operate.
We advise you to follow all approved safe practices of washing your hands, avoiding touching your face, avoiding physical contact with others and keeping a reasonable distance of approximately 6 feet. Furthermore, we encourage all of you to stay informed on the frequent public announcements relating to the virus. If any of you are feeling sick, we ask that you please do not come to work nor shop or visit public settings for at least 72 hours after your symptoms subside.
In addition to our normal cleaning and disinfecting protocols, our hardworking team members are taking the following extra steps according to CDC’s guidelines which are also compliant with the Department of Public Health standards at all time. These steps include:
- Increasing the frequency of disinfecting the entirety of the building in addition to highly touched surfaces and door handles throughout day and night of our operating hours.
- Avoiding close proximity with others including shaking of hands.A simple “hello” can be a substitution for a handshake or hug.
- Encouraging customers to use Credit or Debit Card whenever possible.
- Continuing to follow the updates and protocol suggested by the CDC, Department of Public Health, and other credible agencies to best ensure the safety of our customers and team members.
We thank you for your understanding, patience, and for being a part of this resilient Johnsons’ team. Let’s take care of each other, work extra hard to be sympathetic and understanding of others and spread kindness. If you have concerns or questions, please feel free to send us an email at email@example.com
-Johnsons Home & Garden Management Team